Call for Entries open February 1, 2016 – March 10, 2016
For aspiring young artists in the Santa Barbara community. Art is a powerful platform for our generation’s voice to be heard.
Museum of Contemporary Art Santa Barbara’s Teen Arts Council is curating a student exhibition in connection with Beyond 2°, an MCASB exhibition that brings attention to the ecological and social effects of natural resource extraction and exploitation. It occurs at a time when society is growing more apathetic towards global environmental changes that often have dire impacts on local populations.
In collaboration with Explore Ecology and MCASB, the Teen Arts Council would like to invite local high school students from Santa Barbara County to participate by creating artwork that speaks to contemporary environmental concern. If you are a passionate artist or environmental enthusiast, this opportunity is for you! Through the power of art we can heighten public consciousness and add our voices to the global conversation on climate change.
- Artwork is selected by the Teen Arts Council and not all entries are guaranteed a space in the exhibition.
- Artists must be between the ages of 13 to 18.
- Artwork must address the natural sciences, natural or recycled materials, or be otherwise inspired by the current state of our environment.
- There is a limit of 3 submissions per artist.
- All mediums are welcome, but please be aware that artwork exceeding 28” X 36” may not be accepted based on space limitations and availability.
- Completed applications must be submitted with each art piece.
Participation in this event is FREE